Priory Emergency Treatment Services (P.E.T.S.) is an RCVS-accredited service delivered by our dedicated team of highly experienced and extremely reliable out-of-hours vets and nurses, who all have additional training in emergency and critical care. This service operates out of New Priory Vets’ flagship Brighton hospital, 24/7, 365 days a year.LEARN ABOUT OUR SERVICES
Like everyone else, we have had to make some changes to the way we work in response to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The aims of these changes are:
- To minimise the risk of transmission between people at the clinic.
- To safeguard provision of 24-hour veterinary care for urgent and emergency cases.
- To continue to provide as full a veterinary service as possible for as long as possible.
The changes we have made will have minimal impact on clients needing to use the P.E.T.S. emergency service. Click here for full information about our response to Covid-19, including what it means for you and your pets.
If you have any concern regarding your pet and your own vet is unavailable please don’t hesitate to telephone PETS for advice. PETS is available 247 / 365 if your own vet is unavailable.
Accreditation as an RCVS Emergency Services Clinic ensures we consistently deliver an excellent service when it comes to dealing with emergencies and critical care cases. The dedicated team at Priory Emergency Treatment Services (P.E.T.S.) proudly hold that accreditation and also benefit from the same excellent facilities as the Brighton hospital with its highest level of RCVS accreditation: Small Animal Veterinary Hospital status.
For more information about what accreditation means and why we’re so proud of it, have a look on the main New Priory Vets site.
Local practices that are subscribed to P.E.T.S. include:
- Acorn Veterinary Group (Hove & Hangleton)
- Adur Valley Vets
- Ark Veterinary Group (Burgess Hill & Hassocks)
- Cootes Veterinary Clinic
- Hawthorn Veterinary Surgeries (Partridge Green & Henfield)
- Heath Vets (Burgess Hill & Hurstpierpoint)
- Mid Sussex Vets
- The Mewes Vets
- St Francis Veterinary Surgery
- Wilbury Veterinary Surgery
If you are a client of New Priory Vets or one of the above practices, the P.E.T.S. service is automatically available to you. If you usually see another practice, we recommend you check with them regarding their emergency cover. If they are unable or unwilling to see you, we will be happy to do so.